Tuesday, May 29, 2007

.10/.25 Home Game

Some friends and I went to the Yankees game on Sunday (I'm a Mets fan myself, but majority rules when deciding which game to go to.) Afterwards, a bunch of us returned to one person's house and set up a cash game. All of us bought in for $20. I had to rebuy twice and cashed out with $18, ending down $22.

While playing, I was able to pickup on one guy's play style despite meeting him that night; very-much aggressive almost to the point of being out of line. I had a chance to make some money off him on this hand:

I'm in the SB with A8o. Normally not good, but considering he'll raise with position, it's probably ahead of anything he has. Aggro-guy raises to $1 in the cutoff, I call, everyone else folds.

Flop is A73 rainbow. I bet $1, he raises to $2, I reraise to $6, he re-raises all-in (to put me all-in). I have $20 behind me at this point. I'm thinking I might be beat, but he's been playing aggressively all night, so I figure he can't have great hands all the time. I make the call and he flips up 79. Woot!

Turn is a 9. Not so woot.

River is no help. I rebuy.

That's the only hand I really remember as I didn't really pick up too many premium hands that night. I did see JJ at one point that I had to fold when the flop came AKx.

No comments: