Tuesday, October 23, 2007

BBTwo Event 2 - MATH 10/22/2007

Position: suck/82

This was the biggest MATH every, I think. I know it's probably because of the huge prizes that are being given out for the BBTwo.

Anyways, I didn't have the time to win a $75 token, and I didn't want to / couldn't buy into Sunday's Big Game directly, so I skipped Event 1 and started my BBTwo on Monday, instead.

Table 1 had some familiar faces, but some new ones.

Right at the start, any time I entered a pot, someone I didn't know would enter with me. My c-bets would be raised or called pretty consistently. I was able to take a few pots pre-flop in levels 2 and 3, but it was rough.

I pretty much forgot how to play against donks, since I've only played bloggers recently (and even then, not so often).

Then I get into a hand like this:

Blinds 20-40. thepokergrind limps UTG, I raise 4xBB with QQ, he calls, everyone else folds.

Flop is 3h5cKh. thepokergrind bets some amount (I don't have the hand history at the moment), I raise to see where I'm at, he re-raises. I currently have 1600 or so, and would have 1000 left behind if I called. I hate this, but I have to fold. Did he limp AA, AK, 55 or 33? I don't see him betting out and re-raising with anything I beat.

I go busto to him on this ridonkulous play.

Blinds are 30-60. He's in the cut-off and min-raises to 120. I have JJ, and I'm completely fed up with all the min-raise bullshit that this table's been doing. So, of course, I think it's a good idea to min-raise myself. It's sort of a "how do YOU like this"-thing. It made sense at the time. Shutup.

jjok in the BB folds, thepokergrind calls.

Flop is 8dTd6d.

I end up getting all in (I bet out, he raises, I push, he calls), and he turns over 7dAc. I'm way ahead. He has 7 outs.

So, of course, he hits 9h. He makes his inside straight.

But now I have an OESD. 7 makes a straight on the board, but me having a J will give me a higher straight, and Q will complete my straight, too.

No, I don't re-suck out on the river. That would be too easy.

So I'm gone.

My parting shot:

No comments: